B. ANSWER ALL THE 20 QUESTIONS.UNDERLINE THE CORRECT ANSWER. (20MARKS)
1. When did the fourth Druk Gyalpo hand over his responsibilities as the monarch and head of state of Bhutan to the crown prince Jigme khesar Namgyel Wangchuk?
a. March 15, 2004
b. June 2, 2005
c. December 9, 2006
d. January 17, 2007
2. Which is the least populated Dzongkhag in the country?
b. Trashi yangtse
3. According to the population and housing census of Bhutan which was conducted in May, 2005, the population of Bhutan was:
4. As announced by the election commission of Bhutan (ECB), which of the following important elections is scheduled to takes place in December, 2007:
a. The primary Elections
b. The National Council Elections
c. The general Elections
d. Dzongkha Tshogdu elections
5. The constitution drafting committee was set up in 2001 and the draft of the constitution of the Kingdom of Bhutan was made public in:
a. August, 2003
b. April, 2004
c. January, 2005
d. March, 2005
6. The latest exercise launched by the Government in pursuit of realizing the concept of all a small, compact and efficient civil service is the:
a. Good Governance plus
b. Position classification system
c. Organizational Development Exercise
d. Organizational Restructuring
7. The Punatsangchu Hydroelectric Project will have an installed capacity of:
a. 1,122 MW
8. The author of the book the Golden Notebook which won the 2007 Noble prize in Literature is:
a. Kiran Desai
b. Doris Lessing
d. Emile Zola
9. Astronomers meeting in the city of prague in 2006 voted on a sweeping reclassification of the solar system and demoted one of the 9 planets to the status of a “dwarf planet”. Which is that planet?
10. The first women chancellor of Germany is:
a. Helen Clarke
b. Michelle Bachelet
c. Angela Merkel
d. Mary Eugenia Charles
11. The head quarters of the south Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is in:
b. Sri lanka
12. The last novel in the Harry potter series by J.K.Rowling is:
a. Harry potter and the Deathly Hallows
b. Harry potter and the Goblet of fire
c. Harry potter and the Sorcerer’s stone
d. Harry potter and the Order of the phoenix
13. Who among the following became the first female President of the Republic of India:
a.Viyay Lakshmi Pandi
b. Sarojini Naidu
c. Pratibha Patil
d. Renuka Chowdhury
14. Where was the Indo-Bhutan Friendship treaty of 1940 signed?
a. Cooch Bihar
15. In which city will the 2008 Summer games( Olympics) be held:
d. New York
16. The Authority appointed to certify whether political candidates have a formal university degree to become a Member of Parliament is the:
a. The Royal Civil Service Commission
b. The Royal University of Bhutan
c. The Ministry of Labour & Human Resources
d. The Ministry of Education
17. What is the name of the Indian External Affairs Minister who visited Bhutan in July 27 to 29,2007?
a. Mr.Sharad Pawar
b.Mr.Shivraj V. Patel
c. Mr.Pranab Mukherjee
18. The first Ambassador of Bhutan to India was:
a.Lyonpo Sangey Penjor
b. Lyonpo Tamshing Jagar
c. Lyonpo Pema Wangchuk
d. Lyonpo Chenkyab Dorji
19. The country officially named to host the FIFA world cup in 2014 is:
c. West Germany
20. In which year was the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations General Assembly?
21. What is the percentage of people in Bhutan living in poverty?
22. How many countries does Bhutan have diplomatic relations with?
a. 21 countries and the European Union
b. 20 countries and the European Union
c. 22 countries and the European Union
d. 19 countries and the European union
23. In June 2006,His Royal Highness the Trongsa Penlop,represented His Majesty the King to celebrate what occasion of King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand?
b. 50th anniversary of accession
c. 60thanniversary of accession
d.75th birth anniversary
24. What is the name of the current Bangladeshi Ambassador to Bhutan?
a. H.E. Mr.Md. Enamul Kabir
b. H.E.Mr.Manzar Shafig
c. H.E.Mr.Alamgir Bashar KhanBabar
d. H.E.Mr.A.K.M.Atiqur Rahman
25. According to the Thimphu Traffic Division, most accidents that occurred between 1994-2005 were due to:
a. Human error
b. unlicensed driving
c. Drunk driving
d. Mechanical defect
26. What is the GDP per capita of Bhutan?
a. U$$ 1,320.90
b. U$$ 980.70
c. U$$ 835.50
d. U$$ 745
27. Tala Hydroelectric Project has an installed capacity of:
28. In the 2006-2007 budget of the Royal Government, which sector received the highest allocation?
29. which one of the following will not be a constitutional office under the draft constitution of Bhutan?
a. The chief Election commissioner
b. The Attorney General
c. The chair person of the Royal civil Service commission
d. The chair person of the Anti-corruption commission
30. Which round of Bhutan-China boundary talks did Lyonpo Khandu wangchuk attend in China in August 2006?
31. Which country is not an observer of SAARC?
32. Which session of the United Nations General Assembly is currently taking place in New York?
33. What will be the total membership of the European Union after Bulgaria and Romania are admitted as members on 1st January 2007?
34. Which country has the world’s most competitive economy?
a. United states
d. United Kingdom
35. The Nathu La pass on the Indo-China Border was reopened in July 2006 after how many years?
a. 44 years
b. 40 years
c. 45 years
d. 42 years
36. Who is India’s foreign secretary?
a. Shyam saran
b. Shivshankar Menon
c. E. Ahamed
d. Anand Sharma
37. Who is the interim Prime Minister of Thailand?
a. Sondhi Boonyaratkalin
b. Surakiart Sathirathai
c. Surayud Chulanont
d. Supachai Panitchpakdi
38. Which country will host the next SAARC summit?
d. Sri Lanka
39. Aljazeera, the Arab-language news network, is based in which country?
a. United Arab Emirates
40. Who is the Director-General of the world Trade organization?
a. Pascal Lamy
b. Mike Moore
c. Renato Ruggerio
d. Paul Wolfowitz
41. The suspected group in the latest Bali bombing was:
a. Al Qaeda
c. Jemaah Islamiah
d. Fulang Gong
42. The current pope is:
a. John Paul
b. John Paul II
c. Pope Alexander
d. Pope Benedict XVI
43. The president of Iran has called for Israel to be:
a. Wiped off the map
b. thrown out of the UN
c. merged with Palestine
44.Footballer Ronal Dinho plays for:
a. Real Madrid
45. The foreign secretary of India is:
a. Shyam Saran
b. Natwar Singh
c. Salman Haidar
46. The leaders of the Maoists in Nepal is:
a. G.P. Koirala
b. Teknath Rizal
47. The ULFA military leader, paresh Barua,is suspected to be hiding in:
48.Myanmar is the member of:
49. The next Olympic Games will be held in:
50. He is Nobel Prize winner:
a. Manmohan Singh
b. Amita Bachan
c. Nelson Mandela
d. Bill Clinton
51. The film, Travellers Magicians, was produced by:
a. Tshering Gyeltshen
c. Garab rinpoche
d. Khyentse Norbu
52. The Royal Academy of performing Arts is under:
a. Ministry of Home & cultural Affairs
b. Dzongkha Development commission
c. Dratshang lhentshog
53. The number of chimis in the National Assembly is:
54. The president of the youth Development fund is:
a. Ashi Sangay Choden Wangchuck
b. Ashi Dorji Wangmo wangchuck
c. Ashi Tshering Yangdon Wangchuck
d. Ashi Tshering Pem Wangchuck
55. The tenth Deyelopment plan begins in:
56. The student population of Bhutan is estimated to be:
57. The draft Constitution of Bhutan was distributed in:
a. March 2005
b. March 2004
c. June 2005
d. November 2002
58. Which of these countries is not a development partner in Bhutan?
59. In international sports Bhutan has won the most medals for:
a. Tae Kwondo
60. Next year will be the year of the: